Flippaball provides an introduction to water polo for children in school years 2 (recommended strong swimmer) to year 6/7. It is a fun, simple game that can be played by all children that are capable of swimming 25m.
FlippaBall is a modified, non-contact social competition using developmental rules targeted at participants below 12 years of age and is played on Saturday mornings. The objectives of FlippaBall are to:
- provide a safe and age appropriate introduction to the sport of water polo;
- introduce water polo skills, movements and tactics to juniors in a nationally consistent manner to develop the correct skills in players;
- give everybody the opportunity to play water polo – regardless of their ability, or awareness of the sport; and
- deliver an engagement tool for clubs, coaches, families and communities to connect and enjoy the sport of water polo.
FlippaSkills is the skills development component of our FlippaBall program and is run on Thursday afternoons. The objectives of FlippaSkills are to develop the skills and confidence to participate in FlippaBall games/competitions and to eventually progress to playing in the Junior State League. Included in the FlippaSkills program is an Achievement Tracker, as well as Encouragement and Completion Certificates, which help our participants understand and track how they are progressing with their skills development.
New members are welcome to “come and try” FlippaBall at one of our free come & try sessions (see below for dates and times). Parents/guardians will have an opportunity to talk to coaches and committee members and find out more about our FlippaBall program, prior to committing to registering their child.
Skins, or speedos for boys and full piece bathers for girls.
- Come & Try days – Thursday 20 Sept & 11 Oct – 4:00pm to 5:00pm
- FlippaSkills (training) – Thursdays, commencing 18 Oct – 3:45pm to 5:00pm
- FlippaBall (competition) – Saturdays, commencing 20 Oct – between 11:15am and 12:30pm (number of sessions will be determined by the number or participants)
- WPWA SunSmart FlippaBall Carnival – Sunday 17 Mar ‘19
Registration & Fees
- Registration is open from 14 August 2018. Click here to register.
- Information about fees can be found here.
Please contact our FlippaBall Coordinator for further information: email@example.com